By Jake R Kelly
In 1971, Jerry Baldwin, Zev Siegel, and Gordon Bowker opened the first Starbucks in Seattle, Washington. The business grew slowly, and even in 1992, there were only 165 Starbucks locations. The 1990s and 2000s saw explosive growth in the company, as they began opening new Starbucks locations every day of the year. Today, there are over 15,000 Starbucks' locations worldwide.
In recent years, increased competition has slowed the growth of Starbucks. Many customers are no longer willing to pay $4.00 for a cup of coffee. I recently started doing research on Starbucks Coffee Drink Recipes. I was impressed to find so many recipes floating around the internet. If you want to try to make Starbucks Coffee drink recipes at home, here are my Top 3 recommendations!
3 cups espresso coffee
3/4 cup sugar
4 cups milk
3/4 cup chocolate syrup
whipped cream, for topping
chocolate syrup, for topping
- Make coffee, follow directions for your favorite brand of espresso roast coffee.
- Mix coffee, still hot, and sugar in your mixer until sugar is dissolved.
- Add milk and chocolate syrup and continue mixing, about one minute.
- Pour mix into a sealable container for easy storage.
- Store in fridge until ready to use (Note: Do not store any longer than you would milk).
- To make drink, combine equal parts mix and ice in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
1 cup half-and-half
3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
1/2 cup strong brewed hot coffee
3 tablespoons sugar
pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste
- Combine half-and-half and canned pumpkin in a saucepan, place over medium heat and stir constantly. Heat until boiling but not burnt.
- Remove the mixture and pour into a blender. Whip in high speed for 20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture in a large cup, add coffee, stir in sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Enjoy!
2/3 cup whole milk
6 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Add milk and chocolate chips to saucepan and heat until chips are melted.
- Meanwhile make coffee in espresso machine.
- Pour half of milk mixture in coffee mug and fill rest of mug with coffee saving enough room for a dollop of whipped cream.
Tips Next Open:
Tips Next Open: