Ginger coffee hails from Yemen and rivals any flavored coffee that comes from the coffee shops. It is sweetened with sugar and ground ginger is added.
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
• 1 cup water
• 6 teaspoons extra finely ground coffee
• 4 teaspoons sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
In an ibrik or small saucepan combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Once the coffee stops bubbling, place back onto stovetop and allow to come to a boil. Remove from heat and repeat.
Serve in demitasse cups. Be sure to allow the coffee to sit for a minute before serving to allow the grinds to fall to the bottom.
If it has too much of a ginger taste, you can add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or a cardamom pod during cooking.
- ALL ABOUT BEST BRANDS OF COFFEE GRINDERS
- TIPS ON CHOOSING BEST BRAND OF COFFEE
- ORGANIC BEAN GOURMET COFFEE
- Top 3 Starbucks Coffee Drink Recipes