Thursday, May 10, 2012

ICED COFFEE, FRAPPUCCINOS AND MORE - RECIPES


Recipes For Iced Coffee, Frappuccinos and More!

By Michelle M Andrews

I love everything coffee: hot coffee, iced coffee, coffee ice cream, coffee-flavored candy. The only thing I do not like about coffee is how much they are charging now-a-days for a cup! You can easily pay up to $5.00 for a specialty coffee. I know. I have done it and will likely do it again and again and again. Why? Because I LOVE coffee.

Luckily I work from home and make my own coffee 95% of the time. I am very picky about the coffee that I buy. I tend to stick with Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts-brand coffee when they go on sale and I have coupons. I am so glad that I do not work out of the home because I know that I would be among those that go through the drive-through for my cup of coffee just about every day. I just know it!

I just ran across a couple of facts regarding those who do go through the drive-through often:

  1. People who buy coffee primarily at drive through windows on their way to work will spend as much as 45 hours a year waiting in line.
  2. The average person who buys coffee outside the office to consume at work will spend the equivalent value of a round trip plane ticket to Florida every year.


WOW! Can you believe that? Thank God I make my coffee at home! I can drink coffee all day every day. However, when it is 100 degrees outside, a HOT cup of coffee just does not sound appealing to me; therefore, I decided to look up a few Summer coffee recipes since going to Starbucks everyday is definitely not an option for me. I do not have the time nor the money to spend going through a drive-through to get a good cup of coffee! Besides, I want to be in control of what I put in my coffee since I am trying to cut back on my calories.

Have you looked up the calories contained in some of those drinks?

Note: You can purchase all of the specialty syrups used in Starbucks drinks at any Starbucks store! You can also go online and order DaVinci Gourmet Syrup at only $7.99 a bottle. DaVinci syrups have no calories and they are sugar free! I have searched several stores on several occasions for DaVinci syrup, but have not had any luck. Your luck might be better than mine, but, if not, you can go online. Some of the following are copycat recipes from one of your favorite coffee stores!

Iced Coffee:


1. Start with a rich flavorful coffee.

2. You can make your coffee in advance or let it cool, although I find that just filling my glass up with ice and pouring the hot coffee over it works just fine!

3. Add cream and sugar or a sugar substitute. You can also try adding a little syrup. We even tried sugar free pancake syrup because we ran out of sweetener and it tasted great!

Coffee Popsicles:

Mix your coffee how you like it and just freeze. You can use a Popsicle mold or ice cube tray. You can even put these ice cubes in your iced coffee!

Caramel Macchiato:


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons Vanilla Syrup 
1/2 cup fresh brewed Espresso (You will have to have an Expresso machine.) 
8 ounces steamed milk (You actually do not need an Expresso machine to make steamed milk. See how to steam milk here!) 
3 to 4 tablespoons Caramel Sauce or Caramel Syrup

Instructions 

Add vanilla syrup to 16 oz glass. 
Add steamed milk and caramel sauce/syrup and stir well.

Coffee Frappe: 


Ingredients: 

18 -22 Ice cubes, crushed 
7 ounces Double-strength coffee, chilled 
2 tablespoons granulated sugar 
2 tablespoons flavored syrup of choice (vanilla, hazelnut, raspberry or other)

Whipped cream


Java Chip Frappuccino: 


Ingredients: 
4 tablespoon chocolate syrup 
4 tablespoon chocolate chips (you can substitute sugar free chocolate cut up into pieces) 
4 cups double-strength freshly brewed dark roast coffee 
Chopped or crushed ice 
Whipped cream (optional) 
Chocolate syrup (for drizzle, optional)

Fill blender half full with chopped or crushed ice. Add all ingredients (except whipped cream) and blend until thick and still icy. Pour into 4 tall glasses, top with whipping cream and drizzle chocolate over the whipped cream.

Mocha Frappe: 


Instructions: 
Fill blender half full with chopped or crushed ice. Add all ingredients (except whipped cream) and blend until thick and still icy. Pour into 4 tall glasses, top with whipping cream and drizzle chocolate over the whipped cream.

Instructions 

Place the ice, coffee, sugar and syrup in a blender. Blend until the frappe is smooth. Pour into a large, tall glass. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.

Java Float: 


Ingredients: 

4 tablespoon chocolate syrup 
1 tablespoon chocolate chips (substitute sugar free chocolate as above) 
2 cups club soda or sparkling water, chilled 
4 scoops coffee ice cream (look for sugar free or low carb ice cream)

Instructions

In each of 2 tall glasses, stir together 2 Tbsp. of chocolate syrup and 1 cup club soda. Place 2 scoops of ice cream in each glass and serve immediately.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...