Executive summary about Maple organic coffee syirup by sheila mizi
With the controversy concerning high fructose corn syrup, the savvy American consumer is choosing maple syrup when it comes to satisfying their sweet tooth. That is one good reason to give organic syrup as a gift. The state of Vermont is the largest producer in the United States, boiling enough maple sap to bottle a record 1,140,000 gallons of pure maple syrup in 2011.
Are you looking for the perfect gift to buy a Foodie friend or gourmet cook? Gift your favorite cook with a beautiful maple leaf glass bottle glowing with rich amber sweetness and a selection of gourmet recipes featuring maple that you've found especially for them.
Impress your host/hostess with a fine bottle of 100 percent pure maple syrup. The gift of giving is always enhanced when one receives a gift that will actually be used.
50 Uses From Ordinary to Extraordinary
Maple syrup is not normally used in beverages, but here are uses both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. The leading favorite is
- Maple Martini, also delicious are
- Maple Rum Coolers,
- Hot Buttered Maple Rum Toddy's and
- Maple Brandy Alexander made with vanilla ice cream for a really decadent drink. Other drink favorites that contain maple syrup are
- hot coffee latte's,
- hot cocoa and
- fancy holiday eggnog. In salads if you haven't tried combining maple syrup in salad dressings,
- is a very simple summer dressing made with syrup and mayonnaise over a green apple and broccoli salad. It's easy and very impressive. For
- a fruit salad dressing using toasted coconut, slivered almonds,rum, syrup and lime. Maple flavor goes very well with
- Mustard and wine vinegar, olive oil and garlic for a savory salad or
- try it with canola oil, apple cider vinegar, white wine and lemon zest. Maple syrup is a great additive for toppings on cakes, ice cream, hot cereal and grilled foods. Try it with
- whipped cream or
- mix with crushed raspberries for fruit syrup,
- mix with barbecue sauce for ribs or salmon,
- mix maple with walnuts,cinnamon and nutmeg over hot oatmeal for a very healthy breakfast,
- mix hot maple syrup with mashed bananas and pecans over ice cream or
- mix warm Nuttella and maple syrup for vanilla ice cream.
- Make a glaze for cake or cheesecake with boiled condensed milk, syrup and pecans or
- a special breakfast treat whip syrup with butter and orange zest for hot rolls and muffins,
- mix with cream cheese and vanilla for cake frosting and for the easiest and most potent topping:
- Mix maple syrup with a dark rum over pancakes... it's transcendent!
- To get children involved in the kitchen, introduce them to
- maple caramel popcorn balls
- maple candy or
- maple walnut brittle. Also great as a snack or sprinkle
- sweet and spicy maple glazed hazelnuts over salads.
- Grilled maple glazed pineapple slices are heavenly;
- phyllo triangle bites stuffed with maple cream cheese, apple and walnuts is a terrific party favorite and
- maple glazed grilled asparagus tips wrapped in bacon makes an elegant appetizer or side dish.Incredible and very easy to make is
- maple beer batter bread; even better, make
- beer batter bread french toast with rum laced syrup. If you enjoy making yeast breads,
- is a coarse maple oatmeal bread, very healthy and hearty
- Maple chocolate tea scones or
- moist maple pear muffins with a crumbly topping for afternoon tea with the girls and another great food combination is
- maple with sweet potato muffins or fresh pumpkin.
- Maple pecan bread is another special use for this fragrant syrup and can also be used for
- a really good french toast. Maple can be used in
- any cinnamon roll or sticky buns recipe. Have you tried making
- Maple creme brulee or
- maple cream pie. Another easy desert to make is
- maple walnut ice cream,
- maple brownies, or the very popular
- maple rum fudge. A very rich
- maple pumpkin cheese cake with a maple pecan glaze is a big hit for Halloween parties.Something special for fall
- stuff an acorn squash with cubed apples, cashews and syrup or
- drizzle maple while mashing butternut squash and
- Brown sugar and maple for candied carrots.
- Want to try something different with maple that is not food related?
- Mix 1/4 cup of maple syrup with 1 Tbsp. maple sugar and use it as a facial scrub, then
- leave it on for a serious dose of an anti-oxidant facial for about 20 minutes. Maple has anti bacterial properties and is anti inflammatory, contains zinc which is wonderful for skin, and vitamins A and B. Another top use for this syrup
- use it to boost your calcium levels. Maple syrup contains as much calcium as 8 oz. of whole milk.